its been 2 weeks since i delivered my first child. im not hurtinq nor bleedinq anymore. i qot this new linqerie that i couldnt fit while i was preqo & im so ready 2 try it out!! is it too early?

its me NOT HIM!! im ready 2 make love aqain

justicesmommie

Asked by justicesmommie at 12:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you get the ok?

We had 3 children and resumed sex 2 weeks after each one but we went to the doctor and was told we could resume. I personally would not unless you got clearnace from your doctor.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you are feeling up to it, you can but just be aware that it might be painful or/or dry. Use lot of lube and go slow. Even though you think you are ready, your body might say differently.

Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had sex for the first time when I was about 2 weeks pp, and oh boy did I regret it the next day! If you tore at all, even a little, wait until you get the ok. Otherwise, use a good lube (plain, no warming or tingling), take it slow, and shower right after. There is still a risk of uterine infection because your cervix is open, and use a condom. It's not unheard of to get pregnant this early.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Call your doctor and ask them if you can resume sexual activity. Some doctors want you to wait the 6 weeks. But others might be more willing to let you do what you want, within reason. I'm glad you are back to feeling more like yourself. :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would wait till you can ask your doctor because if its to early something could happen..
    Jessie8706

Answer by Jessie8706 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i would say wait 2 more weeks.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Honestly we always had sex at 3 weeks post partum with all three. No I di not get the go ahead. You are technically suppose to wait 6weeks at least. But with us it never even hurt me and I even tore with the first two. Not that we have sex all the time but 3 weeks is a LONG time..LOL I was a little scared it would hurt with my first so we just went slow and it di not hurt. So I am not telling you to have sex because I am sure its better to wait but we never did. I had all three vaginally.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, it's not too early but don't let your husband see you wearing it unless you want another child
    phoenix231

Answer by phoenix231 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I waited my full 6wks. yeah im ole school.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It is not too early, but be careful of getting pregnant too soon.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 8:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010