Has the movie Fireproof changed your marriage?

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 12:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• YES!!!! I saw it the day after my husband decided he wanted to leave me. I got the book "the love dare" and did it. I convinced my husband to go to counseling with me and two days after I finished the love dare my husband said he would try working on our marriage!!! That was about 2 years ago and I'm sooo happy we were able to work through things!! I'm sooo in love with my husband and I know he loves me deeply as well!!! (btw, there were many other things that helped our marriage besides the love dare and the movie, but it was one of the biggest things!!!)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I've never watched it. But, side note, why would one need to be dared to have sex with their spouse? lol.

Paix

Answer by Paix at 3:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I've not seen the movie and my marriage does not need any help or religion.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• my pastor just suggested me and my fiance watch it tonight!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 12:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We watched it, but it didn't change anything. We're both very happy with our marriage. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's a powerful and moving movie! It's very real, even if the acting is a little awkward at time. :)
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i am so happy for you! i've thought about trying it on my fiance (we're getting married in april, but have been together over 3 years now). i caught the last part of the movie one night and have been dying to see it since. i'm super excited for it.
    Hollea

Comment by Hollea (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yes!!! watch it and do the love dare... no matter what your situation is, its such a wonderful gift for someone (btw. there is a dare to have sex with your spouse.... I'm sure you can find a replacement dare if you are not married yet).
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Umm not seen it, but I can tell you no. Movies don't change any thing in my life. Unless it's a porno that has good positions.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Paix- for me it wa a huge dare and risk!!! I was in a situation where my husband siad he did not love me anymore and that he wanted a divorce, so taking the risk to offering myself to him was HUGE, because geing rejected would have been huge for me (especially since I was already being rejected by him). But it made a HUGE difference as well, and helped soften his heart toward me. For those wives who are struggling with intamcy with their spouse (for me it was emotional intimacy that I was struggling with)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 12:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2010