IF you are on FS how many kids do you have, how much does your family make a month and how much are you getting in FS?

We are about to be kicked off of the FS program bc of my DH overtime :) Before the overtime we were making $1,900 a month and getting $411 for DH me and our 2 DD. Now we make $3,500 and that is "over the limit".

mommaofemma

Asked by mommaofemma at 12:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Wait woah let me refraise that... before my husband got the job that he is at now he was making 8.00 an hour and we were getting 411...when he started his new job we got 154 a month and now with the over time he is getting we make too much.
    mommaofemma

Comment by mommaofemma (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we bring in 1100 a month and get 350 a month in fs. it's just me dh and our dd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They offer a pretty generous amount here in Alaska. It's roughly $1000 a month for a family of 6 maxed out. Not sure what the income limits are anymore but the most you can get is $1000 and it goes down from there. I think $4200 a month puts you over the limit for a 6 person household.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If the overtime is temporary, make sure your case worker knows that and they can just place your case on a hold status until the income level drops back down.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What is FS?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• FS stands for food stamps
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• This----If the overtime is temporary, make sure your case worker knows that and they can just place your case on a hold status until the income level drops back down.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• A family of four's poverty level limit is 2100 (or so) so if you're bringing in 3500 a month you should be making it just fine.
    my Dh is making 1200 a month right now, because he's getting his training pay for his new trucking job, we're getting 844 a month for 5 people.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 10:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010