Should I do anything?

My cousin lives near us (a few miles.) Right now, her son (in his 20s, 23 I think) is dating and apparently engaged to, sleeping with, and living with from time to time- a junior in high school. My cousin lets her pretty much live with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• If your cousin and the girl's parents are "lets her pretty much live with them" I don't think that either of them have any issues with it so there really isn't anything that you can do. If she is a junior in high school she is around 17 or so, which makes her legal pretty much everywhere to give her consent.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It all depends on state, my besties sister is 17 and she is legal in her state, go by state laws, as far as doing anything I wouldn't. I mean it is all known about so it's not like it's a forbidden relationship
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well, I don't think there is much you can do about it. Maybe figure out who her parents are, and tell them how old he really is, but the problem is, they might not care either. If you tell the police or something, he is going to go to jail for it, and have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life. At least that's how it is here in Cali. I don't think I would worry about it to much, it's really not your business anyways, it doesn't directly affect you. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010