What's monkey bread?

Anyone ever make monkey bread? If so, what would be a recipe for it?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• In my family it is a bread made from little balls of dough, each one rolled in sugar and cinnamon then backed together in a pan. Yumm!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Roadfamily stole my answer :-p lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i use biscuit dough and roll about 1inch balls of dough in melted butter, then in a cin sugar mix, put in a loaf pan, and bake according to biscuit instructions.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Paula Deen makes Gorilla Bread that kicks Monkey Breads butt! Google the recipe! It's my hubby's favorite!
    jenfraker

Answer by jenfraker at 1:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's amazing!!!

4 can refrigerated biscuits - 1 cup packed brown sugar - 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup) - 1/2 cup sugar - 2 tbsp cinnamon

preheat oven to 350, grease 9 - 10 " tube pan (I use a glass casserole dish)

mix white sugar and cinnamon, cut biscuit dough into quarters, coat in sugar mix

arrange pieces in pan, layering

melt butter & brown sugar in small saucepan, boil over medium heat for 1 min, pour over biscuits

bake for 35 minutes

We used to make this for breakfast when we were kids, I make it for my family now! Make sure you have some milk when you eat it, it's pretty rich! :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 4:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010