My DH has medical bills in the amount of $600 and $800 and it is on his credit report.. Do you think it is unfair that your credit score goes down due to medical bills??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• hell yes i do.
    between the ages of 17-20 i racked up a few hospital bills like four that were about 100-300 and one that was 400 and one that wa s800. (er bills) i tried paying on them and when i lost my job the companies wouldn't do antyhign about puttin ga hold on the interest or anyting so i was stuck i recently paid most of them off but my credits core is like 450 or something.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No I don't. I mean it sucks, but they are still bills. If you don't have insurance and the Drs. are doing their job to treat you, they deserve to get paid.

That honestly isn't that much for medical bills, try paying them off piece by piece...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• A medical bill is a financial obligation just like any other bill. You don't pay it, it gets reported on your report. And $1,400 really isn't that much when it comes to medical expenses. Can you pay them off little by little like PP says?
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope, it's money you owe, it's a bill. don't pay it, you get in trouble for it, just like a credit card. I have money I owe for an ultrasound with my first that's affecting my credit report, I don't think it's unfair. it's annoying, yes. but i don't think it's unfair.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 10:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010