what kind of reward system do you use for potty training?

Hollea

Asked by Hollea at 12:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I put a paper on the mirror with something cute on it.
    Every 15 mins or so depending on how much fluid I could get into my toddler (lol) we would go in, sit on the potty, give it a go, sing a song or something, then wash hands with soap, and put a sticker on the chart.

Beforehand we had a big kid party with cake, potty training DVD, new big kid underwear,,,
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Stickers, candy... things of that sort... LOTS of praise.. once he was going pretty frequently we took him to the store and bought him a "special" toy and explained that it was for being a big boy and using the potty... We didn't experience any problems when we started... he was ready!! Lol...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i gave my daughter 1 m&m when she went pee, 2 if she went poops..she was fully trained in about 3 days.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Lots of cheers and orange tic-tacs. Three for trying, five for going!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• With my nieces we use jelly beans. Half of one for pee and a whole one for poop
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 1:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I just bought D special potty stickers. She only gets them when she uses the potty. I don't think she is quite ready yet, so this is working for now.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 11:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010