What would you do if you were me? adult content

Ok, so here's the situation... I was told a few nights ago that my friend's boyfriend had been raping her 13 year old daughter. So I called my friend and told her what I heard and she needed to talk to her daughter. I really thought I was doing the right thing but i was so very wrong. My friend "supposedly" took her daughter to the ER and then to the police station where the girl was questioned. I ask her mom last night what happened. Then she said she was not suppose to talk about any of it. The girl, after it all came out, she even went and talk to another friend of ours who said after he finished talking to her he went in the house and vomited bc it made him sick to think what this man had done to this girl. Well today the mom's roommate calls me and says its a lie and the mom is going to go back to this man who "did nothing wrong". It just makes me sick to think that I tried to help and all I did was make things worse.

mistym31

Asked by mistym31 at 12:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• you absolutely did the right thing! If there is ever a question in anyone's mind about how a child is being treated, they have to speak up! Imagine if you had heard and said nothing and it were all true! You would feel much worse in that situation. You need to feel good about the choice you made. It was the right thing to do!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 1:02 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You did the right thing for sure!!! Don't feel bad at all... If someone EVER heard something like that about a child of mine,, I would WANT to know... How would you feel if you didn't say anything and then something worse happened??
    Who was the one that told you a thing like that? I would tell that person to get their facts straight before accusing people.. Rape is something to joke about...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Is the girl being raped or not? When a mom chooses a boyfriend over her own daughter that is disgusting. On the other hand, when somebody makes something like that up that is also disgusting. I can't tell which one is true in this circumstance.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You did the right thing. When you hear something like that you have to try to do something about it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!! You have to try and help no matter what the outcome could be.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. Unfortunately, you are not always thanked for doing what is right. Was the girl raped? If the mom is going back to the boyfriend, where is the girl going? If it is not true, is the girl getting help?
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well lets ask, how would you feel if you hadn't and he had raped her? He would then continue doing it, right? Now, do you think you did the right thing, everyone else does. You can always call the child protective sevices and tell them, I don't think they ask your name, but will investigate.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you did the right thing! If the mom isn't doing anything, maybe you need to report it to the police
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think you did the right thing. How were you to know if it was a lie or not?
    cparra74

Answer by cparra74 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Definitely, you did the right thing. I am sure it is upsetting to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2010