35 weeks daily heartburn and vomiting

HELP! I cant keep ANYTHING down! The heartburn makes me belch until the point where I vomit! i mean everyday ughhh no matter what I eat im losing weight now

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 1:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had some pretty bad heartburn, I told my doctor and she put me on prilosec. As long as I took it every day(it works best if you take it 1/2 hour before your biggest meal of the day), I never had heartburn again. Until I forgot it! It is over the counter now so you can go buy it at the drugstore. It is safe to take while you are pregnant, but you can ask the pharmacist or your doc for peace of mind! I took nexium the second time and it worked even better, but it is a prescription. I guess they are pretty similar! Good luck!
    nvywfemomof2

Answer by nvywfemomof2 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry!! No advice, but it's almost over, hang in there!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 7:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Speak to the doctor. They may advise you to take something like Zantac or Pepcid. Have you already tried Tums or Maalox?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• tell your doctor, when I was having trouble keeping food down they prescribed an anti nausea medication. I would definalty make an appoitment and talk to your doctor.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 3:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010