What makes the Government think they have to scare us every year with "SuperBugs"?

When are they going to realize they have cried wolf once too often. Last year H1N1, this year some SuperBug that 's totally resistant to antibiotics. I call BS, there's something else they are trying to cover up. Sorry, I'm still not spending my money and I'm still not living in fear. What's up with this?

http://www.kfvs12.com/global/Story.asp?s=13145162

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they are trying to make money off of these vaccines that they magically have handy two weeks after an outbreak.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't listen to the gov't at all. If the bug gets me then that must be my fate. We never got any of those swine flu shots either, but everyone in town was so worried that they wouldn't have enough vaccine. There wasn't one case of swine flu in our area. I don't get it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The government is just dumb.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you have had kids for more than a year you know there are drug resistant bacterias. The old speel that we are taking to many antibiotics and they aren't working as well blah blah blah. My kids are 20 and I heard about it back then.
    We also have to remember that our media will put out there whatever they want us to hear these days. Anything that they consider newsworthy or that suits their agenda will be out there. As for the government, there is a motive behind everything this administration does. I don't think they just decided that the media should put this out there to scare us in this instance but the seeds are planted and what people do with it in most instances is predictable. The government doesn't have to do anything.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Well H1N1 hit some people hard. I don't think they are trying to "scare" us, as much as warn us. The colds, flu, etc. can turn deadly and turn into an epidemic fast. I personally WANT to know what sicknesses are bad and out there... We don't run out and get every shot they put out, but if a bug hit my area hard I certainly would!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What do you assume they are "trying to cover up"?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• LET ME THINK
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 7:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• IMO, they are attempting to keep people informed. It's up to each legal adult to decide what to do with the information. I HAD NOT HEARD THAT THEY WERE FORCING OR MANDATING VACCINES FOR ANYONE. I would rather them disclose the information than try to hide it. FYI, H1N1 was dangerous to certain population groups. Feel free to ignore any information disclosed, that is your choice and right in this free country.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010