Is anyone in Aflac Insurance?

I am interested in the opportunity but want to know how you like it. I am meeting with someone this evening about it.

supershlea

Asked by supershlea at 1:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Money & Work

• I was in it for a while and it was awful. I had to find childcare to prospect and didn't even make money so I was losing money with gas, childcare, etc. It's not the best product out there either.

I now work from home for a discount medical benefits company and LOVE it!

Good luck!
    coughburp

Answer by coughburp at 9:45 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• From my understanding it is not a good business to get into. My husband's ex wife has been doing it for years. She must not be too successful she lives with her mother and cannot afford her own apartment. You are selling insurance as an independent contractor for commission only. They try to recruit anyone that can breath because if they only get a few contracts out of you, they will continue to make the money on those after you leave. To me it is a pyramid scheme. Honestly how many people in this economy have the extra money to be getting extra life insurance and cancer policies?
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 3:21 AM on Jul. 2, 2008