How can I find out about his biological father without him knowing?

Here's the thing. I have a child who is 10. His biological father (yes, I say bio dad because to be a dad you actually have to be in a child's life!) lives in another state. I am not asking for child support or any support for that matter as I believe he would be a very harmful influence in my son's life. The reason I would like to find out more about him and his life is that I am wondering if he had any more children. The question of if my son has a half-brother or half-sister on his father's is on my mind. This man is much older than I am, by 18 yrs. He lives in Florida. So, how do you go about trying to find someone on the internet and are there ways to go about it without having to pay tons of cash? I just would like to know if he had any other children.

lilsweetredhead

Asked by lilsweetredhead at 7:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• Okay, you can go on a site like Ancestory.com and look up family trees. So, you don't want to know where he lives or anything else just if he has more kids?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I honestly think that curiousity is going to kill the cat
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 7:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I already know where he lives, what his phone number is, his birthdate, etc. The thing is that I have not seen him for 8yrs. I was only wondering if he had other children. My oldest son also has a halfbrother and half sister on my side so I was wondering if maybe there were some on his father's side also.
    Yeah, curiousity will probably kill the cat but, at 50+ years old with no desire for contact with this child I would suppose that I won't dig too deep...ya know?
    lilsweetredhead

Answer by lilsweetredhead at 7:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008