Do you think people that DON"T vote for one of the 2 main candidates BUT DO vote are waisting their votes?

I mean he other guys really don't have shot... So why waist the vote for them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• So someone should just vote for a person that they dont believe is best for this country. Because YOU think its wasting their time?

Thats really stupid.
    Anonymous

• I'm not wasting my vote by voting for someone other than the 2 main candidates, I'm implementing my right to vote for whom I want to vote. I'm sorry, the 2 main candidates aren't the only ones out there, and I won't vote for someone who I CANNOT support.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• This is a prime example of exactly what is wrong with a "two (main) party" system. With only two parties drawing large scale public notice, you are always left choosing between evils rather than choosing who you think is right for the job.

If more coverage was given to candidates not in the Republican and Democratic parties then we might actually get somewhere. Between the two, they have purchased America.

Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think it's best to write your vote in.
    Anonymous

• nah, i don't think it's a waste. it's important to vote no matter what.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 7:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Through your logic, anyone voting for whoever is losing in the polls by Halloween should just not bother voting at all, 'cause their candidate isn't going to win. Realistically, the odds of an independent winning as astronomical, but that doesn't mean people don't bet on the dark horse.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Actually unless any of us are a delegate our votes technically don't really matter that much, but it still gives people a voice. I kind of see your point of seeing it as pointless but I grew up and saw the bigger picture. Voting gives you a voice like I already said. If you don't like either candidate then you should still vote even if the person you are voting for isn't likely to get it. IMO you have more of a right to complain about who is in office then. If you don't vote for anyone you really can't complain.
    CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 7:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I know people are voting for who they feel is the best candidate for them especially when it comes to 3rd parties but let's face it.. The race is really between Obama and McCain.. Only one of those two will win, regardless, how many vote for the others.. Many don't even know those other candidates exist and until they are running in the same ballpark with the Dems and Reps.. it's just a waist of time IMO..
    GOBryan

Answer by GOBryan at 8:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• It is absolutely NOT a waste of time at least you are out there making yourself heard and not just randomly voting for somebody you don't really even like.
    Anonymous

• Normally I would disagree but this year I feel it's a waste of a vote. This election is too important.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008