How can one deal with a partner who snores?

My bf snores loudly every single night, i find it very hard to get any sleep, he has tried breathe right strips and it didnt work, im afraid nothing can help it so how can i get a good night sleep without sleeping in a different room? plz plz help!

stormy01

Asked by stormy01 at 2:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I try to roll my husband over... it keeps me up too. As long as I'm asleep before he is I'm ok, but if he falls asleep when I'm awake I have a hard time going back to sleep :(
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Kicking him to the couch may be the only option.. haha...

snoring is caused from a restriction to airways while sleeping... have him try sleeping a bit more propped up maybe.. I know there is a surgery that is spoused to help but I am not sure how good it is, and I know it's kinda costly.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The only way to do it is to sleep in another room. I know you stated that you don't want to do this, but that's the only way to sleep well. I sleep in the spare bedroom in our house. ZZZZZsss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Wow I feel like a weirdo here.. but my SO's snoring really doesn't bother me... kinda even helps me sleep lol..
    RigPrincess85

Answer by RigPrincess85 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Mine only snores when he drinks alcohol. I am a super light sleeper so if he keeps me up, I nudge him and ask him to turn on his left side! Turning always helps, but only to the left! I think they also recommend prego women sleep on their left side late in pregnancy. I think it has something to do with airway and blood flow!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Is he overweight or maybe has sinus issues? I would have him go to an ENT doc to help him. If he doesn't then he would need to sleep on the couch until he does. It is so unfair to you!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Make him sleep on his stomach. You can get nasal strips, also you can just try and fall asleep before him.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You should maybe suggest having him tested for sleep apnea. I snored a lot and loudly and that's what it turned out was wrong. We snore as our airway closes off. We stop breathing. It causes damage to the heart over time because of decreased oxygen. I have a cpap machine. It blows air into my lungs to keep the airway open. The machines are about $2000 unless you have insurance.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I hear you, my hubby and I have not spent an entire night in the same room for years. His snoring is so bad I still hear him when he is in the other room on the other side of the house! I have begged him to get help for it and he is afraid too! It makes me so mad! Good luck to you, if you figure it out let me know!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ugh, that is a tough situation! I have a really hard time sleeping when someone is snoring ANYWHERE in the house!

I actually found a product when I started selling Pure Romance that helps quite a bit. It's called Dream and it's a pillow mist. It's made with Lavender and Patchouli (how the eff is that stinkin' word spelled anyway) and some don't love the scent but it really does work. Somehow it helps open the sinus passages and make people breathe better.

Good luck!
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 8:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010