does your so have no problem spending money on what he wants but when u want something it never seems to happen?

my hubby always goes hunting, fishing buying things he wants but when i suggest something such as paying for a gym membership he says it not important and "i've got bills" well yes weve got bills but i work also and i feel i should be able to spend money sometimes to. he doesnt hide it or anything just kinda makes me feel bad for bringing up things like that. i always buy things for everyone else and not me. im getting tired of him getting to have free time and spend money while im always at home and have to set it up way in advance just so i can do anything. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• When u tie the knot, u lose the I's for US! He needs to realize its not all about him and if I were you I would open my own account and set up your paycheck deposited in different amounts so there, not only will allow u to spend your own money but have the assurance bills are actually paid. Or go this route, since u can't get a gym membership, tell him that u need to buy equipment and to put the icing on the cake, print a letter saying you need to start an exercise program due to stress and i bet that he changes his mind about u getting a gym membership...That equipment is pricy...
    mrsfarris

Answer by mrsfarris at 9:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes!!!!!

even if its like food... but he wants to buy more junk kind of food pizza, macaroni, hotdogs etc..

i want veggies, fruits, soul food etc.

ITs really frustrating!!! lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Oh girl... sounds very familiar... My husband is an electronic feind... He says its for "the family". I love movies and stuff as much as the next girl... but when I want a new outfit every now and then... I guess its not the same... Guys have different brains.. I brought this up to him, and now when I want something, small or large, I get it. I think he just didnt know. We are sooooo wired differently than men.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Haha it's the other way around here! Yeah, I'm an ass :P I buy whatever the heck I want, but when he wants a pack of smokes I'm like hell no we have bills!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• mmmmmm soul food...my husband makes the best collard greens, with ham and sausage and we pour hot sauce on top mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:28 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• UGH!!! YES!!! and I hate it!! He wanted a ps3 and a tv to go with it 6 months later he gets it 9 months later I say I need a new pair of shoes because mine feel like they are actually crippling me and we dont have the money
    Anonymous

• what the hell u talkin about prettyrayray??????????????
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• haha, the first poster said she wanted soul food plus I'm hungry!!!!!!!!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• funny!!!
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Nip that in the bud quickly or you will really start to resent it. He will come around eventually, but in the meantime stop using your money to "always buy things for everyone else ", buy stuff for you when you need or want stuff - otherwise what is the point of you both working?
    2 cents from the wife of a guy who thinks money grows on trees:)
    niseylee

Answer by niseylee at 7:43 PM on Oct. 16, 2008