Does anyone else have problems sleeping?

It seems no matter what time I go to bed, I do not sleep through the night, then the next day, (especially now having to get up at 6am to get the older two off to school) I am exhausted and end up taking a nap. The longest I sleep in one stretch is about 4 hours and then I am WIDE awake. It was pretty much like thia all summer, any suggestions?

mudlovinme

Asked by mudlovinme at 2:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• I had that after I had my daughter and was diagnosed with insomnia. Now I take Trazadone 100mg every night plus 500mg tylenol pm's to help me get to sleep! I have an appt. next week to tell my dr the meds aren't helping anymore and to get something else but those 3 helped for about 1 year. GL and it really does suck not being able to get to sleep!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Actually, yes I do. I went to bed at 10pm and woke at 11:30. Now I am wandering around the house trying to make myself tired. I Have trouble falling asleep most nights and wake up what seems to be dozens of times. The only thing that will knock me out is to take one of my husband's Soma's. They are a muscle relaxer. But I hate to take pills so here I am up at midnight when I know my alarm will go off at 6:30am whether I'm rested or not.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Could it be stress related? Too much caffeine at night? If not, you may want to go to a specialist to find out why your not sleeping well.
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• YEP... It's 3 am right now and I should have been in bed hours ago.. My 3 yr will be up just as the sun starts showing itself... it's like he has a alarm programed in his brain!!
    I am very anti- sleep aids tho. I find them not to work well after awhile and you can get "hooked" pretty easy... I would just stay away from caffeine close to bed time and if possible, lay down a little early to give yourself time to relax... I am so used to falling alseep with the tv on b/c the hubs "needs" it.. so i usally end up going into another room where i can have it pitch black and quiet.
    If it's really distracting your daily life I would see a doctor.. Oh and try to lay down with a clear mind (easier said then done) try not to think about the next day or events that happened the same day... i find this keeps me lying there awake for a while.. A weird trick ifound to work is the word 'sleep'... think it, spell it in ur mind over an over
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Could be stress, I have been dealing with a pinched nerve and a ton of pain for almost 2 months now. I even took a vicadin before bed and I guess my body is used to them because, her I am. I dont drink anything but water so caffeine isnt an issue. It's just so tiring, literally.
    mudlovinme

Comment by mudlovinme (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i was going to post the same question...thanks for the post!
    babylotus

Answer by babylotus at 3:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sorry to hear. I can't seems to get enaugh sleep. The minute is get up I want to go back to bed, even after a full night of sleep.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I had insomnia for quite awhile. It was all stressed related. I took 10mg of amityrptoline for about 4 years and it worked well.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, and after talking with my Dr. I now know how to sleep without waking up before I'm suppose to. It takes time but talk with your Dr.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• yes, ambian works for me
    SUSAN81900

Answer by SUSAN81900 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2010