Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

about health insurance

If I switch to Healthy Families, and all the "good" doctors do not accept it, what should I do??? We do not qualify for Medical, and my baby girl has CHARGE Syndrome! Now I have small business PPO Blue Cross of CA, but it costs for me and my 4 kids over 1300$ a month, I can't afford it anymore! And the best doctors experienced in CHARGE accept only PPOs, not even Medical some of them. That is so sad.

Answer Question

Asked by innulik2000 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

Level 12 (703 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • But can you really "not afford" it or you just don't want to give up your once a week manicures and shit like that? I am just asking, not judging because I do not know the truth. Fact is though that most people lie and people become accustomed to a certain way of life and expect everyone else to work around that. It is that parents responsibility to do what is necessary for their childs health.

    Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • answering to truthteller0777: I can't work now, have 4 kids - 6, 3 yrs, and twins 4 months old, one of them with charge. I do pedicure may be 3 times a yr(I mean, in the salon), just because my nails grow in to the skin. Last time I was in the hear salon, was over a yr ago, and my MIL paid, I do not color it ether! I like sweets, but it doesn't cost 1300 a month, and I never hire a cleaning person to clean my 4bdr house! I'm sending $ to my mom, that lives in different country. O, yes, I went to 1 massage in the last 6 months, that cost $40. It it is not enough, we live in CA, and pay $2000 for house per mo.+other expenses, that are bigger here, in this State. Only my husband works.

    Comment by innulik2000 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Not sure what to do. Is there anywhere else you can cut costs?

    Answer by sstepph at 6:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • We are also being charged an insane amount for health insurance for a family of 3. My husband works on 100% commission so some months we are fine and others we squeak by because of the insurance. I wish I knew a solution..

    Answer by KTMOM at 8:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Call an Insurance Broker and see if you can get Insurance less from another Insurance Company. We were paying $1,200 per month and got a better plan from the Medical Insurance Company "Emblem Health". We are now saving $300 per month. Good Luck.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • By the Way, All our Doctors take Emblem Health and some are Specialists.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • Can you get public assistance?

    Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

  • what is public assistance?

    Comment by innulik2000 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.