about health insurance

If I switch to Healthy Families, and all the "good" doctors do not accept it, what should I do??? We do not qualify for Medical, and my baby girl has CHARGE Syndrome! Now I have small business PPO Blue Cross of CA, but it costs for me and my 4 kids over 1300$ a month, I can't afford it anymore! And the best doctors experienced in CHARGE accept only PPOs, not even Medical some of them. That is so sad.

innulik2000

Asked by innulik2000 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Kids' Health

• But can you really "not afford" it or you just don't want to give up your once a week manicures and shit like that? I am just asking, not judging because I do not know the truth. Fact is though that most people lie and people become accustomed to a certain way of life and expect everyone else to work around that. It is that parents responsibility to do what is necessary for their childs health.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 3:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• answering to truthteller0777: I can't work now, have 4 kids - 6, 3 yrs, and twins 4 months old, one of them with charge. I do pedicure may be 3 times a yr(I mean, in the salon), just because my nails grow in to the skin. Last time I was in the hear salon, was over a yr ago, and my MIL paid, I do not color it ether! I like sweets, but it doesn't cost 1300 a month, and I never hire a cleaning person to clean my 4bdr house! I'm sending $ to my mom, that lives in different country. O, yes, I went to 1 massage in the last 6 months, that cost $40. It it is not enough, we live in CA, and pay $2000 for house per mo.+other expenses, that are bigger here, in this State. Only my husband works.
    innulik2000

Comment by innulik2000 (original poster) at 3:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not sure what to do. Is there anywhere else you can cut costs?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We are also being charged an insane amount for health insurance for a family of 3. My husband works on 100% commission so some months we are fine and others we squeak by because of the insurance. I wish I knew a solution..
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Call an Insurance Broker and see if you can get Insurance less from another Insurance Company. We were paying $1,200 per month and got a better plan from the Medical Insurance Company "Emblem Health". We are now saving $300 per month. Good Luck.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• By the Way, All our Doctors take Emblem Health and some are Specialists.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Can you get public assistance?
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• what is public assistance?
    innulik2000

Comment by innulik2000 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2010