vaginal odor? adult content

SO embarrassing. I had my baby boy 3 months ago, and ever since I've noticed that I have a much stronger smell. It's not a bad smell, it's just strong. I notice it sometimes, especially first thing in the morning before I shower. Is this normal, should I go to a doctor? I am so embarrassed to ask my doctor about this! My husband hasn't noticed it and says he thinks I'm imagining it, but I definitely don't think so. I've never had this problem before. I'm not experiencing any symptoms of an infection, no itching, burning or anything like that. Anyone else have this problem, is it normal? How do I get rid of it?

Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• I would call the doc & speak to the nurse. It could be an infection, not sure. Best of luck
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 3:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If your hubby doesn't notice it may just be you smelling different because of all the changes recently. Do not use soap down there and keep yo bad self dry & I bet you'll be fine! Discharge or discomfort, see your doctor.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think its probably hormones changing and that's normal but call the doc to be sure or you can buy a screening kit that will tell you at home. Vagasil makes it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe your PH is off. I had this problem and started freaking out. GYN said this can happen when hormones are changing/stress, ect. I had never heard of this but now I am more aware. When this happened I was under serious stress. I am not sure just a suggestion, talk with your Gyn.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• A lot of times we smell things others can't, (TMI coming up right here) when I am on my period, I can smell a different odor from my vagina I could swear up and down its really strong and I probably gag people, but I ask and no one else smells it. If you are unsure I would just put a call into your doctor and have a little check :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Wouldn't hurt to call and ask your doctor. My body changed a lot after both my pregnancies. Around that time of the month, my sense of smell really heightens. I think I smell--I can smell it--but my DH has never noticed it.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Get some Greek yogurt. ( You can find it in health food stores) It is not as sweet as regular yogurt but is better to get balance back. If you get fruit yogurt make sure and stir it up 1st. Eat one a day and this should help get things back to normal. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 1:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2010