how soon can you feel stuff moving around in your stomach?

I'm about 4weeks and I'm laying in bed and Im feeling weird things going on in my stomach is it possible that I'm already feeling things moving around making room for baby?

savannah83prego

Asked by savannah83prego at 4:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't say so just yet, your baby is only the size of a jelly bean if that right now, as it gets bigger then stuff starts moving. I don't think you will feel that, but during your 2nd trimester you will start feeling the baby move
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Its different for everyone. If you are a first-timer it will probably tae you longer because you don't know exactly what to feel for. Usually first-timers can feel it around 16-20 weeks. As early as you are, you aren't feeling baby because baby isn't much bigger than a peanut. You are probably feeling gas and increase in blood flow to the uterus and the uterus expanding.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When it really is the baby moving, it will feel much like a butterfly fluttering in your stomach. Babies tend to move around more when you've just eaten(especially if it was sugary) and they move more when you are laying down or relaxed. When you move it kind of lulls them to sleep.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What you are probably feeling is gas, it feels almost the same as a baby movement does! with your first pregnancy you prob wont feel the baby move til almost 20 weeks. With the second pregnancy it's a little sooner. With my 3rd pregnancy i felt movement at 11-13 weeks! I'm on my 4th pregnancy now and i'm 17 weeks and only felt the baby move just a few times. But every pregnancy is differnet!
    mrsrooks

Answer by mrsrooks at 8:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010