Safety Gates/Fences

So what's your favorite brand of baby gates and/or fences and why?

LeiLana80

Asked by LeiLana80 at 4:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't trust any of them because they can be tripped on, climbed on, hopped over, fall down, etc. We lock doors and use door knob covers and other stuff. The only time I used a gate was when we had a cHristmas tree because dd was 8 mons old and thought the lights were so pretty that she should tear them down. I gated off the tree but I enforced the gate with extra hardware. Bottom line, if your child can walk, crawl, climb, run, jump, etc then they can get over the gate....
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I do understand that, but that doesn't mean I should just leave the stairs open for a tumble! That would be just irresponsible. Safety gates also help your child learn visual guidelines as to what is on and off limits. Granted, they will do everything they can do stretch and break the limits, but we can at least hinder them lol
    LeiLana80

Comment by LeiLana80 (original poster) at 5:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont have a fav. My dd turned them into climbin walls or lay on them till they fell so they didnt work out for us.lol
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010