OK really?

A Christian opens a post to test how hard they have to work to prevent NON-Christians to convert. WTF. I mean come on do you really want every one to agree with you that bad. In the beginning it sounded like a bashing post, then she ends it with this and closes the post...

. It is always interesting to see the level of faith it takes for the atheist to NOT believe. You guys have just as much FAITH as us Christians ;-) Thanks for reminding me that I will need to work twice as hard to share the TRUTH of the Gospel with others on CM AND in person :-) let's get to work Christians!

Really is this not just a bad example and giving non-Christians another example of Christians attempting to force their beliefs? I'm sorry but the ones who did this makes me so mad, I want to let every one know not all Christians are like this.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 5:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• yea, I read that too and was scratching my head hot-mama. Personally I think it's rather sad and pathetic that one would put so much effort into trying to convince others about something they don't believe it. But hey, to each their own.
    WHY someone feels such a strong need to point out how others may be on the "wrong" spiritual path and tell them what the "right' path is comes off as quite arrogant. Ones spiritual path should give you love and light, and tolearnce and respect. Not place you on a pedestal making you feel as though you are above all to "show" them the true way.
    That IMO, is self imposed importance....not spirituality.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• "My calling comes from God, their calling comes because they hate God. "

I understand you NEED to say this in order to justify your own feelings towards those who believe differently than you. But just an FYI...you are completely wrong in this assesment. As atheists don't even believe in your god, so how could they hate him?! Your theory and way of thinking is skewed in order to give yourself permission to righteous.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• "My calling comes from God, their calling comes because they hate God"

I could easily say the same to you for trying to discredit Hindu scripture that pre-dates Christianity by about 2,000 years & has never been re-written.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What you suggested is NOT why I asked my question. I asked it because as I stated, I was curious to see if people have actually turned away from the Lord because of the testimony of the non-believer. However, the answers from the atheist/non-believers helped me to further see that as a Bible believing Christian I need to work TWICE as hard to share the Gospel. Because just as I intend to obey the Great Commission given to Christians, there are some that believe they have a calling as well. Their calling is to prove God and the Bible false. My calling comes from God, their calling comes because they hate God. The Bible tells me that I need to share the Gospel with others and not to be ashamed of Christ. It is not "forcing" my beliefs, it is obeying GOD and sharing His love with others. You have said you are a Christian, don't you obey God and share your faith with others? you don't agree with Mark 16:15?
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 6:18 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Luk 9:26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 6:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That does not make how you treat others ok. Quoting the bible or not is not meant to try and cause fear or prove your right their idiots.

I do not quote the Bible to show fear, or try to show others that they are idiots. That is ridiculous. This whole Christian' bashing routine is getting old. I refuse to humor it any longer. Think what you want. If you don't like Bible answers, than don't read them. It's pretty simple. I've chosen to obey the Bible, I've chosen to believe the Bible. You've chosen to do neither. That is your choice, I don't hate you for it, I don't disrespect you for it. We just disagree. I still wish you the best of day. And so you know, I HAVE prayed for your personal problems that you have shared, and I will continue to do so :-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 9:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Oh boy, I'm staying out of this one......anyone want some coffee and a slice of cake?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• So your job is to force others to go nuts because you wont stop telling them how great and right you are. Umm no it's not sorry. Your job is to act like Christ not a street preacher

No, that is YOUR perception of what my job is. And Christ preached salvation. He taught that He was the only way to God. If you read the NT, Christ was much like a street preacher too. In fact, MANY came from all around to hear Him teach and preach. Have you read the NT? or do you just not believe it? If you as a "Christian" do not want to obey God and share His Word with others, than you is your choice. Am I telling you how wicked and irritating you are for not obeying God? than you shouldn't tell other Christians who DO obey.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 8:03 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No he wasn't street preachers approach you. Jesus had others come to him. Yes he preach in the street but did not force any one to listen or his opinion on any one. He spoke for those who wanted to know and let them come in their own time unless confronted

again, read the NT. Jesus was a Preacher. I am not "forcing" anyone to listen. The only forcing that is going on here, is me being forced to defend myself as a Christian after being called out by YOU, because you don't agree with me or the Bible. If you don't like the things that I have to say, than don't call me out directly. Then, you don't have to "hear" what I believe.
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 8:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thank you to the poster that is interjecting and educating on Budist (spelling, sorry) beliefs- I have to admit I had no idea how similar it is to Christianity. That is one of the belief systems I have to say, I know very little about-so thank you!

On to the question- all I can say- is pot meet kettle- this round and round has been going on for weeks. I think its pretty clear that there are moderates and extremes on both sides but there is without a doubt a strong undertone of "all Christians are brainwashing freaks". If you don't want to hear about religion-stay out of this section-the title is pretty clear-religious debate- if you want the "Christian bashing without recourse" section you will need to open your own group-if you have not done so already. Oh and this is the general "YOU" not just aimed at the OP ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2010