why is it so hard to let go of the past?

the men in our lifes

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Health

• Because it is the past we learn from. And when we are hurt in the past, it's scary to let go. We fear we may be hurt again.
    ph0xdlady

Answer by ph0xdlady at 1:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• well each and every relationship good or bad that we've had, we've learned something from, and no matter how bad the relationship was there was always one point and time when it was great, and that's hard to let go of. eventually when you're in a new relationship and it's great you'll let go of the past. although no one ever truly let's go, you'll always remember things and be grateful for how your life is now and the lessons learned.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 2:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• it's easy for me!
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 3:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• In most cases the past is what's comfortable- we know what to expect (good or bad). We tend to fear the unknown because we don't know what it will bring. Holding on in a lot of ways is easy and letting go in hard. It's very important for us to nurture and devote our time to our present and not allow for a past to poison are future. I found that when things are going the way I would like in my marriage it's easier for me to think of what may have been in past relationships therefor enabling me to grow fully and because I now know this- I know that it's during those challenging time that I need to stay in the word and focus what's positive in making my current circumstance better,
    bettalisten

Answer by bettalisten at 3:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• its hard,,,,,it was a part of you and your past life that you canot forget it ,,could it be that he may be the one for you now? If so,,,,,,,,,fate will bring him to you
    Anonymous