What do you do on Halloween?

We dress up the kids in something cute(not allowed to be scary) and take them around town and to relatives' houses for candy and that's about it. I would never leave my kids for a second on Halloween because I'm very protective but what can I do to make it more fun for everyone? I'm not thrilled about being outside in the cold in the first place.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 5:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Well a few years ago we found out our college has trick or treat there and they have the dorms all decorated some spooky some not and they have the tour guides dressed up and they take bunches of us around to the college kids that are giving out candy then after that we hit family and friends and by the end we are tired but had a ton of fun
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I lock my doors and turn out the outside lights and go in my room and watch tv. I do not answer the door that day either.

Answer by louise2 at 6:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We live out in the country so I usually drive the kids either to one of the two villages or we go into town. I think we'll go into town this year. Last Halloween we didn't get a single kid at our place.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We go to my sister's or best friends and let the kids trick or treat. My kids are older now (11, 16 and .17) so I think we are almost done with the trick or treating. Oh, and we always have chili dogs!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• DS gets dressed up and we take him to the mall so he can trick or treat there.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we dress the kids up, go around the neighbourhood and then depending on what time it is, the weather, and how much stuff they already got, sometimes we go to the mall for their trick-or-treat (the stores hand out candy and there are "treat" stations in various places around the mall). also we go to the fire station for their haunted house if the line isn't a mile long.
    Angelgirl25

Answer by Angelgirl25 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we only go to ppl we know,friends and family and still usually get more than enough candy lol
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 7:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We moved back into town a few years ago and get lots of trick or treaters now - I love it! The kids are old enough to go out on their own in the neighborhood, but if they are going very far we drive them. We have a huge bowl of treats (and two more in back up) and we're always out at the end of the night.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We always go out with the kids and grandkids trick-or-treating. We wouldn't miss it for anything. I take pictures and videos too.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 11:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We dress up and take the kids trick-or-treating. My neighborhood gets really into Halloween and there are lots of houses where they set up mazes or haunted houses. It's like a big neighborhood party. I love watching my kids get really into it. It's by far my favorite holiday.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2010