Sensitive to sugar.. Help

My son is 18 months old and I noticed that with any slight bit of sugar he is a monster child. He gets really hyper and he throws fits more, he doesnt listen as well, he wakes up at night. Not that I load my kid with cookies and cake. Even the slightest bit of sugar in any foods makes him this way. I dont want to give him stuff with artifical sweeteners, but I cant stand the little monster that comes out when he's had sugar. Ive already tested him for allergies and diabetes. Both came back negative or than the milk allergy. Any suggestions on what I can do. Or what foods are best. Hes on such a limited diet and Im afraid he wont get the nutrients he needs for being such an active toddler. Thanks for the imput.

BrensMomma

Asked by BrensMomma at 7:34 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• http://www.amazon.com/Little-Sugar-Addicts-Meltdowns-Self-Esteem/dp/1400051649/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8188255-0184613?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1189816713&sr=8-1

Cute and past this address. Link to a great book written for kids that are sugar sensitive. Best wishes.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My sister has this same thing going on to the point where if she's been over loaded with sugars, she can't even eat fruit because of the sugar content. It's hard to deal with, and as far as I know, the only answer is to go as sugar free as possible.

Oh, and artificial sweeteners aren't the answer either... they're very unhealthy.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 8:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Have you tried evaporated sugar cane? It might help, but I would try not give hime and thing refined and then oly fresh fruit. Hope it helps. Kisses
    sdgd21

Answer by sdgd21 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I guess the way I worded this was confusing.. But just to clarify I have never given my son any artificial sweeteners. Most things that are sugar free are made with artificial sweetenes. My dad and brother are both diabetics so I have gone through all of the food stuff. Its very frustrating.
    BrensMomma

Answer by BrensMomma at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2008