Birth Plan??

Anyone have any good ideas or suggestions that I need to put in my birth plan. I have an example one but with this LO wanting to come early I feel the need to complete it and finalize it so we are ready!!

confusedgirl919

Asked by confusedgirl919 at 7:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Are you ok with Pitocin?
    Are you ok with doc to breaking your water?
    Do you want to be able to more around and change positions?
    Do you want them to not even mention pain meds?
    Do you want baby rooming in with you?
    Do you want to wait for the cord to stop pulsing before it is cut?
    Do you want to skip any shots for baby?
    Do you want them to not give baby any artificial nipples or formula?
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• http://www.birthplan.com/   This one is good, it is multiple choice/fill in the blank. And then you can print it out.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It probably will not go as planned to don't make yourself crazy over the PLAN.
    jshimmy

Answer by jshimmy at 8:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• pick one or two things that are important to you , don't make a laundry list OR just make sure they know to ask you before doing anything.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you need to have an open mine, expecially if this is your first. You may know what you think you want but the doctors and nurses do this everyday and they know what works. They will do what is best for you and your baby!
    If there are things that are really important to you have them ready to tell. Like me I am going to tell them not to offer pain medication to me but I will ask for it when I need it. But as far as things like breaking water and things like that, The doctor will not do anything to harm you!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 1:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Thanks Ladies!! I think one of the main things Im concerned about is the skin to skin contact after she is born so that she can find her way and latch on. I think I will have more problems with this with my family than the medical staff though. I also know for a fact that I dont want her to have a bottle or pacifier. And yes this is my first so I completely understand having to be open minded. I know that this isnt written in stone I just want to make sure that wishes are put acrossed and if they can happen then they do if they dont then they dont. I just dont want any unneccesary things to go on that dont need to be done!!
    confusedgirl919

Comment by confusedgirl919 (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010