Do you think dads should be given a trial period here to prove they aren't trolls or malcontents?

This would prevent them from having to share with us or hide behind screen names and allow them to be more open and honest, rather than guarded in what they say so they can still participate on here.

Bottom line being they'll be here no matter what we want or say or what's talked about, so why not work with them rather than against them? We both share the parent duties. We should all be careful of what we say online in any case, even around other moms we don't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I think that fathers should have a chance to voice their ideals and opinions. We may learn how they view issues differently from us and why.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 8:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No. Bottom line is that this is a site for mom's only. We should not make it any easier for them to be here when they shouldn't. There are a couple of sites built much like this for dads. Go there.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If they want to be on a site like this, create "cafedad.com", or something similar..... They shouldn't be allowed on cafemom....
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 8:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, I think that fathers should have a chance to vioce their opinion and ideals. I think that we can learn something from each other.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 8:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe Cafemom should make a "Cafeparents" site???? Then both moms and dads could participate openly.Geez,just think of the drama then! Personally I would not like for my husband to be on here.I'd feel that I'd have to really watch what I say,since we all talk about so many things that don't have to do with being a parent.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 8:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What about the single dads who are trying to help their daughters. I think they need some guidance from other women and vice a versa for singles moms needing help with sons. Everyone should try to help each other the best we can.
    emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If that's the case, then the site would have to be for both moms and dads. The name and the mission statement would have to reflect that. And we would have to know who is who.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would be interesting. But, things like the relationship section could be bombarded by anon males asking sexual questions. Sometimes when i see TMI questions in relationships, i wonder if it's a guy. Then i read the answers & it would not surprise me if a dude was wacking off to some of these ladies responses.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• no way. this site was created for moms!
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 8:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Nope! It's a site for mom's, and that's why I like it.
    Natly2007

Answer by Natly2007 at 8:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010