does anyone OUT of Arizona hear bout Sherrif Joe Arpaio?

If yeah, what type of things do you hear about it??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 7:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm in TX and we hear about him as a tough sherrif. He's the one who makes the prisoners bury people and wear pink jumpsuits right? LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Bury People?? LOL like dead people? no... ll but he makes them wear pink boxers! ha..

some people think he is horrible, but its because he is really enforcing the law.

i think its good. im wondering i just saw John Walsh on a commercial saying Joe arpaio is his good friend and he needs to be re-elected. made me wonder if other people hear about him. And what things he does.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Oh thats right, I have heard about him. He has the prisoners stay in tents without AC because he felt if our soldiers have to live in those conditions, it was definitely something prisoners could handle. He also only has one channel on the TVs right? When I read about him I think it was in People. I loved the idea. I don't think prison should be an at all pleasant experience. Why should prisoners have better living conditions than those serving our country? I totally agreed with him on this one.
    cait030507

Answer by cait030507 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'm in Washington and our weather wouldn't permit housing prisoners in tents in the winter, but I think this guy is wonderful. Being in prison shouldn't be a nice, soft life with good food, nice heated or AC cells and cable TV with 500 channels. If they have to work picking up trash and stuff on chaim gangs and they have to wear pink jumpsuits, maybe they'll think twice before they get arrested again.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We hear about him in Vegas all the time. I have to say I think he is AWESOME!! I wish we had 1000's more like him.
    caseyloo

Answer by caseyloo at 8:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Three cheers! Indeed he has the right idea, and is a man of action.

zephyrablue

Answer by zephyrablue at 8:47 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• He is awesome!! All prisons should be like that!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:17 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I'd heard about him, but I really heard about him when I watched a WE special on Chain Gang Girls. He's got the only female chain gang in the US. I watched the special, and I was really impressed. Criminals are not someone you want to look up to, but I gained some respect for this sheriff and for these women that were getting some serious, much needed straightening out.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Another WA stater here... I agree I think that they should do more like that in the prison system. though like someone else said, it would have to vary state to state... but they should not be getting special treatment.
    ThePopeVI

Answer by ThePopeVI at 9:30 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have heard about him and the things others mentioned above way out in NY! I think he should be in charge of every prison in the country. As for it not being humane for prisoners to live in tents in cold climates, its the same as the heat, our soldiers are doing it, why should criminals live better than soldiers?
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2008