How is the traffic by your kid's schools?

This year the district decided to start the middle school and high school at the same time. The traffic is HORRIABLE!!!! Then there is construction on the main roads and this morning there was a train!!!

Cindy18

Asked by Cindy18 at 8:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Our elementary school is in a quite residential neighbourhood too... my neighborhood - and in the morning the traffic is terrible... all the crazy parents dropping off their "walkers". We only live 5 houses down so I walk to kids up there and you take you life in your hands doing so!! Then in the afternoon they are always blocking in our driveway (and others on our street) to walk up and get their kids... They are so rude!! I have to leave for work 5 minutes before school gets out, and have had to call the cops more then once to make them move out of my driveway!!! I'm pretty sick of it already!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 8:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Very Busy-- especially at the middle school and high school
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It is busy at the high school but our elementary school is in a quite residential neighbourhood.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We are very lucky that the traffic is really manageable!!! It was only awful for the 1st week of school.
    AdoptingMyChild

Answer by AdoptingMyChild at 8:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• very busy, but well controlled
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 8:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My son graduated from college several years ago.
    shortcake120

Answer by shortcake120 at 8:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, the traffic isn't so bad because all of the students are bussed to the school, but when you go there during school hours it's nearly impossible to find a parking space because the lot is so small.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have no idea. The only time I've been there is when we stopped by this summer to register them (there wasn't anyone there) and open house (and there were cars and people all over as all the kids and their parents were there). they take the bus to school so I have no idea what it is like while school is in session. Most kids take the bus so I doubt there's much traffic.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My childrens school is on an industrial road so it's heavy with a lot of big trucks. The school is so far back though that it isn't a problem and I actually like it because there is no foot traffic in front of or near the school. No need to worry about people lurking around the school. As far as pick up and drop off, it's busy but the circle system that have set up works very well and parent's are NOT allowed to walk their children into class. All children MUST get out on the passanger side at the sidewalk that leads into the school, so there is no one crossing ever.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 11:29 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Congested!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:58 AM on Sep. 14, 2010