Hair Loss

I feel like I am loosing a lot of hair. It is everywhere I look. When I shower I get clumps that go down the drain. I am breastfeeding so I am not sure if that is the problem.

Can someone tell me why I am shedding so much?

MeeShee

Asked by MeeShee at 7:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

• Postpartum hair loss is a normal - and temporary - postpartum change that is unrelated to breastfeeding. Most women will return to their usual hair growth cycle between 6 and 12 months after birth.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes, I had the same happen to me with babies 1, 2 and 3. Just so you know you're not alone. Above poster hit it right on!
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 7:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've had hair loss with 2 of my 3 kids. Sucks, eh?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Try 5 drops of rosemary essential oil, 1 cup of chamomile tea, 1teaspoon of almond,coconut or jojoba oil. mix all together and put in a spray bottle. use it as a leave-in conditioner. The rosemary makes your hair grow. make sure you spray some on your scalp and rub it in a little so your pores in your head absorb the rosemary. yhis has helped regrow hair on my husbands bald spot.
    franci5

Answer by franci5 at 12:01 AM on Oct. 17, 2008