Natural attractions

What places local or farther away(US only) have you been too or want to visit. We were wanting to go to Marengo Caves this weekend, BUT DH may have to work now :( I am disappointed, I was excited.

Shaylyn318

Asked by Shaylyn318 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Travel

• Meramec Caverns in MO is really neat so is Ruby Falls in TN - both are caves
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I always love going to the Smoky Mountains. :) DH and I went there for our honeymoon and I spent some of my favorite childhood memories there.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:09 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ruby Falls is lame. I have seen much better caves than ruby falls, too touristy & they also spray the walls with a shimmering spray to make it look extra cool.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I go with the smokey mountains
    kelly5890

Answer by kelly5890 at 8:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I hope your dh gets it off o you can pick another time. Caves sound like fun! I have never been in a big cave. I have been to Niagara Falls and Florida... oh and the Bay of Fundy in Canads (highest low-high tide changes in the world). I would like to see Yellowstone before I die.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 8:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• we would like to visit savannah, georgia some day - we have heard it is very beautiful - just like old southern georgia - one of the best trips we have had is when we flew from PA to Lake Tahoe and then rented a van, with 3 other couples, and drove down the coast of california, after a 5-day stop in san francisco - which was fantastic, we then drove down to san diego and spent a month in Mission Bay (a mile from the border of Mexico) - Mission Bay was a beautiful resort area - we went in september and it was still very warm and the ocean was warm - it was an ideal time to be there - and the food was to die for!!!!
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 8:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010