If your a SAHM, do you tell your Husband when you spend his money on yourself?

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 8:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband is a SAHD and he always tells me when he buys something for himself....I told him he didn't have to since he doesn't really do it very often. But I think it's more a matter of respect.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It is not HIS money. It is OUR money. We made the decision for me to stay home together. We discuss any purchase and it was that way when I worked as well.
    countryspun

Answer by countryspun at 8:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My husband and I both ask before we spend any money, it's something we have done from day one. It saves on a fight later if one of us was to look at the bank statement.
    mrsrooks

Answer by mrsrooks at 8:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I was a SAHM for years when my kids were younger, and I would tell hubby if I made a big purchase (which was very rare and I would let him know before - not after) but not for little things that I picked up while shopping.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• it's OUR money...and he spends it on me most of the time anyway. lol but he usually gives me about $200 per month to spend on myself but i don't spend most of it 9 times out of 10.
    DereksBabyMomma

Answer by DereksBabyMomma at 8:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I dont tell him cause it's his money...I tell him because I'm excited about it and it was something I did or enjoyed that day.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's OUR money but I usually buy stuff for the kids...rarely do I buy me stuff
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sometimes I do, but he tells me all of the time it's OUR money. I don't hide anything, he likes me to spend money on myself.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's not his money, it's our money. Yeah, i tell him. He'll find out one way or another. We tell each other when we buy just about anything.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• i usually collect money from my birthdays and holidays when family members mail me cards with money in it. If we win on pull tabs or at the casino or make money off of something...he usually will split it with me so when i want to spend money on myself, all i have to do is take out that little stash made for myself.

if i didnt have that collection, i think that yes i do have to ask him if it'll be alright if i spend it on a manicure or something but other then that i really dont go anywhere to spend anything on myself.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010