Ice cream?

Is it okay to feed my 7month old a little bit of ice cream? Only a little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IDK, i always thought no dairy until 1 yr, however if its only a little taste i dont think it would hurt anything, i have a friend that gave her little one chocolate ice cream when he was 4 months, thought nothing of it.....

the one about what's life without a treat here and there made me laugh because when my little one was only a few months old my dad dipped his finger in cool whip and let her taste it and of course she LOVED it, makes me laugh to think about it.....
    hihowareyou22

Answer by hihowareyou22 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Starting around 6 months, I start letting my kids taste table food. I've given them ice cream that early and they were fine. You will never know until you try. Stick a little on your finger and let him/her taste it.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes!!
    Anonymous

• IMHO no, but this is coming from a mother whose child has multiple food allergies. If there are no food allergies in your family, then it is up to you. Children do not "need" ice cream, so there is really no reason to even introduce it to them. But yes my son DOES get "junk" on occassions, what is life without a treat here and there ;-)?
    Josef1129

Answer by Josef1129 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Babies under 1 year of age should not have cow's milk, that's what I always thought anyway. I would think that includes everything made with cow's milk too. I would ask your doctor.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We have given my son ice cream and chocolate stuff on occasion....We have to otherwise he will try to steal it himself lol
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 11:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes it is okay and we used to give mine popcycles and lollipops
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:29 AM on Oct. 17, 2008