Well, I wish it was as easy as the question above, but it isn't.

I am looking for a site to talk to someone as a friend. I live in the 43311 area, I am a widow, I will admit I was married again for a little over 2yrs, left him under 2yrs. so I really don't count it and I have went back to my other married name. It was a dissolution of marriage, not a divorce, it was a mistake on my part. I am a christian lady and should have known what was expected of me, to wait on God. I am originally from Ky. I do have a daughter, her husband and 3 girls that live here, a daughter, her husband, 2 kids that live in Ga. but they each have their own lives. I would just like a friend, male or female, I do really get lonesome sometime. So I was wondering is that what CafeMom offers? My daughter in Ga sent this to me. If not, do you have any suggestions. I have even put in for a volunteer at the local hospital and can't get called in for an interview. Go figure.

littlelulu2010

Asked by littlelulu2010 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• CafeMom does offer a site for you to make friends, and talk about stuff (generally related to parenthood, but not restricted to it)

As for volunteering, look into other programs. Your community should have a children's task force that is almost always accepting volunteers, and a local animal shelter that could probably use help too. Feel free to add me, if you'd like to keep talking to me (click on my name under the post, and it should bring you to my profile.) And I wish you good fortune in your journey.

BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• There is this group you might want to consider. The Widows Club

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hugs !! I would suggest trying new things and staying busy. I am sorry for this pain you are going through.. Feel free to add me as friend. :-) If you haven't seen it yet, rent "The Bucket List". Have a great day......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Yes, you can make friends here. You can go to your Groups tab and click on Find Groups or you can go to your Moms tab and search for moms who live near you or have other things in common with you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010