Do you think women should work, or do you think they should stay home and take care of their children?

shortcake120

Asked by shortcake120 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• whatever works best for their family. Its the 21st century. More and more men are staying home with the kids, as well.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Whatever they want.. Men & women can both work & either one can stay home with the child or they can put the child in daycare.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Work from home and enjoy the children while they are young, because time flies by so fast.
    Most importantly, a woman should do what makes her happy. You are a better MOM and WIFE,
    if you do.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think they should do whatever is best for their family.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You have to do what's best for your family. I worked full time with my older two, it was the best choice at the time. I'm a SAHM now, again, the best choice at this moment. If something happened and we couldn't afford for me to stay home and take care of our family without assistance, or if we couldn't provide what the kids need, I'd go back to work in a minute.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It depends on the individual woman and her family.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think they should do what's best for them and their family situation. If going to work means them surviving, and her kids will be in good hands, then go for it!.
    If her husband makes enough for them to survive each month, and she'd rather stay at home, then why not?
    It depends on your situation, and if you "CAN" work. and things like that depends on many things each person may judge differently.
    Wrtngfantasymom

Answer by Wrtngfantasymom at 9:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That is a choice that depends on each family. I think there are those moms who tend to become workaholics, both at home and at work. The key is to find what balances life. Sometimes with financial necessities, it's nearly impossible for women to be SAHM. I wish each mom the best who gives her all for her child(ren) in whatever way, shape, or form that she is able to do.
    6girlsrock

Answer by 6girlsrock at 9:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Whatever they need to do to support their family that makes everyone happy. Lets be realistic, not everyone CAN work at home, or CAN be a SAHM. Many working moms would love nothing more than to stay at home but financially can't. many work but don't have to. The dynamics of every family are different. I'm lucky to be able to have a job for a fortune 500 company that pays me well and i work at home. I am here to take my son to school and make every school function and meeting with the teacher. But I was only given that option a year ago. The past 8 year I worked outside the home. I have to have an income because I make more than my dh. We can't live off one income. Every family is different.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 9:28 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• depends on the kids ages, the situation, ect. if the kids are under age 5, those are the most crucial times, they learn the most at that age. having mommy be there in their early years, teaching them, being there for them, is the best. if there is any way possible, then yes, i think the mom should stay home with their kids. it is how God intended it. but like a pp said, this is the 21st century. things are way different from back then. there are single moms, money is tight, especially during these economic times, so sometimes there's just no way that's possible. so really, it depends on the situation. whatever works and is best for the family.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010