How do you feel about breastfeeding in public?

shortcake120

Asked by shortcake120 at 9:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is fine. It beats a hungry and fussy baby.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:20 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Cover it. I see nothing wrong with it, but I don't want my children seeing some lady flopping her boobs around.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:21 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I does not bother me at all..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It doesn't bother me. I don't see it very often, most women use a cover.
    I personally use a cover because I feel weird about strangers seeing my breasts.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 9:33 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think is is great . Most moms are modest enough to use covers and not flaunt what they are doing.
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 9:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I breast fed for a year and and I was never completely comfortable doing it in public because peopel always seemed to look at me funny (or I thought they were) I would go into a bathroom or close myself off. But I could never just nurse him in a booth at a restraurant or anything like that! I see moms nursing (covered) all the time and it does not bother me so my next one, I will not be so uncomfortable!!!
    Mom2Brock

Answer by Mom2Brock at 9:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Perfectly fine. I breastfed all 4 of my boys in public. I kept it covered. My boys have seen others do it & barely acknowledge it. BUT my bro on the other hand freaked when I fed my 3wk old @the restaruant "Im trying 2 eat" he said "So is he" I shot back.
    Caoimhe_Oona

Answer by Caoimhe_Oona at 9:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The babys gotta eat.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• fine when covered. i do it proudly almost everywhere i go.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• If you're covered up have at it. I have no qualms with breastfeeding in public, it's the ones who feel they need to expose themselves. I don't think it's right to bare your breasts in public for any reason. I don't care if breastfeeding is healthy and natural, you're still baring your breasts. Especially when you're breastfeeding you should be covered.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010