Are they getting rid of the Anon feature?

I hadn't heard that.
No biggy its just convenient at times.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• i don't mind them using it for questions if they are legitimate questions, but sometimes some use it to harass on answers :(
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'd like to see it used correctly (asking/answering embarrassing questions), and not to be nasty to other members - but I don't see that happening! :) I've never used the feature, if I don't feel that I can say who I am I shouldn't be saying it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:45 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't think they will, because there are questions about personal things that people should be able to be anon for. But I hate the way its used the rest of the time.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No. The Team has said over and over why they feel it's a good feature (intended to be). lf they haven't gotten rid of it already they sure as heck aren't going to now. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 10:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have not heard anything about it..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• They need to. That way people can stand behind their words.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm getting tired of people talking about the anon button. Why is it so important to people?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• well it does serve its purpose if you don't want your screen name associated with an embarassing comment or get hate mail from people that don't like an honest answer :) Basically it saves the poster the trouble of having to block people or delete emails from those people.

Without Anon, some people may be more guarded in what they say, but its still pretty safe to say what you will. Its not like anyone's gonna track you down in real life from this.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• @reign... I agree as far as the nasty comments go. But not if its something sexual or embarassing your admitting to but don't want people to know its you.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, they aren't getting rid of it. That's why you have to be on level 16 to get it now. They've just changed how it's used and when.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010