• In the Spotlight:

When did you let you kids start playing video game?

What age, what type of games and for how long?

jshimmy

Asked by jshimmy at 9:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in

• My son (who is now 4) has been playing games for the past few years. We started out with VTech Smile, Leapfrog and such and he's also played a few games on Playstation.
    Mom2RJnVA

Answer by Mom2RJnVA at 9:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When he frist showed interest at age two. They were educational games then, and now it is WII, XBOX 360 AND PS3, IPOD....boy, how I miss days when they were simplier.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 9:37 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My daughter is 5 years old, and has just now started to show an interest in video games. We have the whole assortment at home for her older brother but she still doesn't play any of them.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• When he was about 6, and he has not stopped since, but now he is 22 and he can buy his own game and systems, of course he still lives with me, but at least he is going to college and working...
    garnetnfl

Answer by garnetnfl at 9:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Not sure. Hes not old enough yet
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:39 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• when they show an interest
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Ximon started at 2 almost 3.
    V tech never was his thing, the graffics were and are chessy, he prefered computer games like sprout.

now he is watching utube videos and on the PS3 or ps2

he is 5 years old and can do more on the internet than i could ever expect.
    AVONMom1981

Answer by AVONMom1981 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Maybe when she was 6, but she grew out of it!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• 2 and 4 - they got the v-smile cyber pocket for christmas so all the games are educational. And the 4 year old has played games on the computer/internet under adult supervision to make sure she doesn't stray where she shouldn't.
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 6:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• My youngest who is 5 now has been playing since she was 2. She is very electronically smart. She has even taught us a few things on computers and I am good with computers. Her favorite thing now is IPOD TOUCH
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010