Has Anxienty even prevented you from doing things?

My anxienty gets so bad sometimes that I can't breathe. Am I alone?

misskrissie

Asked by misskrissie at 9:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Health

• Not at all. It can be crippling - preventing you from doing even basic things. It can rob you of the joy of spending time with your family. Talk your Doc, Lexapro changed my life. :) GL!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 9:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• you are not alone. will not go in to a store during holiday time unless it is late at night because i can't breathe because it is crowded. i can't take the stairs if i can see the floor beneath , or even use a escalator.
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 10:55 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Anxiety can be a real problem for some people. Some simply can't function living a normal life with anxiety without medication. Just as 5BabyBees stated, meditation and breathing exercises can be a positive benefit to someone suffering from anxiety attacks. The best way to treat them is to seek professional attention and learn the basis for the anxiety attacks in the first place. Once the origin of the problem can be established, then a real solution to YOUR situation can be presented. In the meantime, things like creative visualization, breathing, & meditation exercises coupled with simple things like Chamomile or Kava Kava Tea can have an overwhelmingly soothing effect if done deeply enough.
    MzZiXiu4U

Answer by MzZiXiu4U at 11:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010