special needs teenager I need a rountine

Ladies I need help school started last Tuesday we are getting up at 6:15 she can be slow so it may take her 5 to 10 minutes to get in the bathroom then we have to wash her up etc she has to take her allgery medicine along with her medicine she is adhd I have a lot to do her bus is suppose to come at 8:00 the buss's are messed up right now last few mornings 8:15 she comes home between 4:05 and 4:10 p.m.
Now I say try to have her in bed by 8:00 but that does not seem to be working you never know with her sometimes I may have to wash her jeans or top now I am working on when I do cook cook light during the week more on weekends except Sundays I lay down of mornings after she leaves if I stay up I will be wore out when she comes in so how do I handle this try to get a rountine things will get better the bus but when she is like 3rd on the bus and they have six more to pick up.

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have a 15 yr old that will be 16 in November. My daughter has high functioning autism, adhd, ocd, odd, and mood disorders. She also takes allergy meds and meds for her disorders..
    It took alot of work to get her where she is now.
    ALOT of prompting. It's not easy. I make her and my other two kids go to bed around 730 or 8 pm. No latter. Though sometimes she is up till 9 pm reading in her room.. As long as she is in there she is having down time. She reads alot so she will read or watch a movie till lights out.
    I work so sometimes it's hard to make supper and get things going
    Now in the morning she gets up at 530 am she takes forever to shower ugh. SO if she starts at 530am she is usually done by 630 am. I know it's early right but it gets easier. Now after she showers she has to make her lunch, eat breakfast, and clean up. She's usually ready to go by 7am. bus is at 725am. Message me sometime. I can tell you more ..
    Dannille33

Answer by Dannille33 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Good luck
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:38 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• once you establish a routine it will get easier.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Can you make something she can SEE to help her? Make a chart of some kind to show her what to do first, next, after that, etc. Reward her for taking some initiative and responsibility on her own. Good luck!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:15 PM on Sep. 15, 2010

• Write out your plans for the day/week/month and try to stuck with it and make changes when needed.gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 10:45 AM on Sep. 27, 2010