Chemical Thermodynamics in Religion class? Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

How stupid is this? What does chemical thermodynamics have to do with God?

God shouldn't be in science classes either.

Saya

Asked by Saya at 9:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont think God and science have to be mutually exclusive... however I agree that chemical thermodynamics should stay in chemistry classes!!
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It reminds me of this.  ;)

Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think God and science go hand in hand, but I agree, there doesn't seem to be a reason for this to be discussed in a religion class. Just as God shouldn't be discussed in science classes. If anything putting science and God together should be a "class" all its own, if you get what I mean. (not that I'm implying they should have a class, but that its something that needs to be done in its own time, outside of the other classes)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:10 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Science can support God too. JMO
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• God created chemical thermodynamics.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I would need to see the lesson before I could really make my ruling... But I definitely see how the two work together. For me, science and faith go hand in hand... They complete each other and in many ways are one in the same for me, so I see how it could easily cross over...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• As Gal51 said, if you believe in god, you must accept that god created thermodynamics. God created science, for that matter. I would think it would be fun for a little godslave to find out how god "did it". But maybe not.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• What is the context of this, what exactly is being taughtand why?  It is odd to me but I'd like to know how they are tying this into religious class.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• witchqueen

I'd rather be a slave to God than a slave to sin ... and yes, God did create science, that is "the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding"
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I hate to tell you, but god and science go hand in hand
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2010