How much sleep did you get when you were 5 months pregnant?

I seem to toss and turn a lot these days and it scares me because I am afriad that maybe I am not getting enough sleep. I remember tossing and turning when I was about 8 or 9 months pregnant and that is understandable, but this pregnancy seems to be different all the way around. This past weekend I tossed and turned and then slept in until 11AM, so I know I was well rested but during the week I have to go to work so I can't sleep in. Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes i am having a horrible time sleeping!! grrrrr lol i am a week shy of 5 months and have been having a heck of time sleeping.. I can't get comfy, for some resaon my belly seems to be bigger in this pregancy.. There is much more pressure in my back and on my pelvic area. I don't remember being this uncomfy. Soooooo you are not alone ;)..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I'm 8 months pregnant, 34 weeks to be exact, and have had problems sleeping since about 20 weeks. This pregnancy has been totally different from my first, and A LOT harder on my body. Last night was the first night in a LONG time that I actually slept pretty good. My son normally wakes up multiple times a night, and last night he didn't. I still tossed and turned and couldn't get comfortable for the first hour or so when I was laying in bed, but eventually fell asleep.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I did have trouble sleeping. It seemed like I had a lot of naps during the day.
    Gabriela108

Answer by Gabriela108 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• O yes I am 22 weeks and the only time i get some sort of sleep is if I take a nap during the day between my massive heart burn and my really intense back pain sleep is not an option for me anymore I was told different things happen to different women and that my discomfort was normal...but I do hear it only gets worse when you are in the last trimester so that has me extremely worried
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 1:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I tend to sleep for an hour or two and then wake up or have restless sleep. My back really hurts at night and I have a pillow under my belly to support it and between my knees. I don't think I am that big for how far long I am, but just the feeling is so different... and uncomfortable.
    cloverlover24

Comment by cloverlover24 (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Sep. 14, 2010