Can a little girls nursery be light green?

I am expecting around January and I am having a girl. The bedding I have from my first daughter is white with purple and pink flowers and is trimmed in green. I was thinking about painting the walls a light green. I purchased a light green changing table cover and also a light green crib sheet. I think they would look nice, just don't think I have ever seen a nursery painting light green for a girl. I was hoping for a boy and I was going to paint it the same but decorate in frogs and have my cousin paint a frog that matched the bedding on the wall. He is really good and I had the whole bedroom set in my head, but now I think frogs are not really for a girl but maybe I could still paint it the same color. Let me know what you think.

cloverlover24

Asked by cloverlover24 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes! Green is beautiful for girls too.
    This is my new niece's nursery.
    Photobucket
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:22 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think a light green would be lovely for a girl.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We painted our dd's a nice apple green before she was born. I'm not a pink and purple kind of girl and I don't think I could handle a pink and purple nursery lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• You could still paint it a light green. Adding pink around the room and I think it would be cute.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 10:06 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It can be any color you want it to be. I know that purple and green go well together, so go for it if you want to!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I did my daughter's room in green with a periwinkle border that has touches of that same green and some yellow in it. It's beautiful! I did it shortly before she was born and changed up the bedding when she got older to update the look to a young girl's room. I still love it (as does she)!!! Go for it!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I think light green would be great for a girl!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Its going to be YOUR daughters room, You can paint it any color you want. Colors are just that colors. I think the room idea you have sounds great. =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 10:17 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• A friend painted the nursery for her girl/girl twins a light green with purple accents. It was really nice.

Our nursery was a small room so we kept the walls white and did the curtains in blue and purple.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:19 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It really is more green than is showing up in the pic. Congratulations on your LO.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010