what do you do about the cords on your blinds/curtains? or do you have cordless?

I know these cords are NOT safe, & they have killed many children, but I'm not exactly sure what to do about them. thanks for any input/opinions!

i have an almost-3-year-old and a baby

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 10:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I double them up and clip them high up so there's no danger.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 10:08 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I got rid of all the blinds in our house but the ones in the dining room. We are renting and they will need to be replaced before we leave, but my peace of mind is worth the$60 it will cost to replace them.

With the ones in the dining room, I have cut the cord short and put a small hook up near the top and wind up the cord and put it up out of reach.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:12 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I always looped them up around the top, or cut the cords off short and tie them together.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:14 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We have a hook for each cord that we wrap it around figure 8 style. Our cords have the split feature so they break apart but anyone could still do something silly like wrap them around the neck. The blinds are only in our room and the kids don't go in there without us, but why take a chance.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:15 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I cut them short to the length I needed them on the window and tied the little plastic things back on.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:16 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• nothing, no one ever messed with em but the kitties.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:32 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I cut them short and tie them up
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:40 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I most I ever did was tuck them up high (we only had them with our youngest). She never bothered with them and my other kids knew better to leave them alone (they were 4, 5 and 6). We just moved into a new house and the bedrooms have blinds. The kids don't bother them other then to open and close them. I don't worry about them at all.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:57 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I clip them up high
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I tie them off really high up where they can't reach them.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 12:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2010