Why do some Christians feel that Halloween is Satan's holiday?

LOL. Honestly, have any of them actually taken any religious courses? Has anyone actually researched Halloween who thinks it's horrible? Today I sat and asked someone I know who is studying to be a Chaplain in the Navy what his thoughts were on the subject. He cited that most of our holidays are intertwined with other religions, especially the Pagans. I knew this already but I was happy to see that they teach them that in school. The Pagans were not horrible people who worshiped the Devil. Research them and you will find out. Those stupid ignorant people who actually believed that and thought it would be cool to go sacrifice things and say they are satanic are the ones who actually gave Halloween a bad name!! How could an honest Christian believe those idiots?

CandBmommy

Asked by CandBmommy at 8:38 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Halloween is a CULTURAL holiday...not a religious holiday.

learn something @ http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=Minisite_Generic&content_type_id=715&display_order=1&sub_display_order=2&mini_id=1076
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 8:40 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• It's very simple... None of them have a clue!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:44 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I just don't think some Christians want to promote celebrating anything "dark" and resembling something from hell like spirits demons etc.
    Anonymous

• some of us do have a clue....others are simply misinformed, or uneducated in the history of holidays or their religion. i love halloween, personally. even if it were dark and demonic..doesn't scare me . i'm rather sure of my destiny.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• That's exactly it, some people are stupid and ignorant. They'd rather turn the other cheek and not look into things. My mom was like that and I hated having to explain why I didnt get to go out on Halloween.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:50 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• it all comes down to being uneducated in the matter of religion.

although, Sabrina, your ignorance is showing with remarks like that...
    Anonymous

• I celebrate the light JESUS not the darkness!

In Christ I LIVE!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:56 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• JCRestoredme - what does the celebration of Halloween have to do with not celebrating Jesus???
    Anonymous

• OP: "How could an honest Christian believe those idiots? "

I don't think it has to do with who's an honest Christian and who's not....I think it has to do with who's informed and who's not.
    Anonymous

• They are the same people who think that if you or your children read Harry Potter you'll be promoting which craft and wizardry.
    Anonymous