Go to your closet right now and count how many...shoes, hats, handbags, wallets, belts, sunglasses, earrings, necklaces, scarves, watches, bracelets, rings...and other do you own?

Organizing my closet today and realized that I don't wear half or use the half of the items in my closet....time to donate. What is the right number for a woman to own? My Mother's influence must live in me, because I realized, for example, on handbags, that I may have lots of colors...I only use black anymore or the ones from my BIZ. I guess I am a walking ad for Jockey Person to Person. I never have to worry about what to wear. LOL

Is there a stopping point for you? Do you stop when your closet is full? I feel like that woman in that Goodwill commerical that throws items out of her closet (while the driver waits in the driveway for the donation) and utters things like, "back when I had a figure"....LOL.

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 10:25 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• this will take a few trips..
    shoes-28 pair, not counting the gardening clogs i keep on the side porch
    hats-5
    handbags-7
    wallets-3
    belts-0
    sunglasses-0
    earrings-25+
    necklaces-25, not counting the pasta necklace my ds made in preK
    scarves-8
    watches-3
    bracelets-10
    rings-13
    others-2 ponchos (one loose-knit crocheted, one wool)

i tend to rotate the shoes/handbags/wallets..i clean out the closet twice/year, and donate or give to friends, if its something i know a gf wanted. most jewelry is gold/white gold/stones, and i keep it-about a 1/4 is costume and i donate it when i'm 'done'..if it hasn't broken because of cheap workmanship.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:56 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have not counted my purses or belts, but a couple of months ago I organized my shoes and I counted them, I have 85 pairs of shoes, not counting flip-flops.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:27 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My obsession is shoes. Can't seem to get rid of any even the ones that are broken or I don't wear
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 10:46 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• 4 pairs of shoes, maybe 5 pairs of earings, 4-5 necklaces, 1 watch. the rest ZERO
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 10:34 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• That is easy - three pairs of shoes- one for work, one for everyday, and a pair of sandals
    one purse, which I hate using, and I do not wear jewelry of any kind or scarves, belts, etc.
    I guess you could call me a minamalist (sp?). LOL
    pennycandy

Answer by pennycandy at 10:35 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I have 3 pairs of shoes, 2 purses, 1 belt, no sunglasses 1 pair of earrings, 1 necklace, 1 scarf and no watches lol
    I like to keep life simple and clutter free
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:36 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Really, I have no hats, 2 purses, 3 shoes and no jewlery I don't wear..lol!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Shoes? 4 or 5 pair

Hats, wallets, belts, sunglasses, earrings, necklaces, scarves, watches, bracelets, rings? None... Besides my wedding ring and 1 pair of earings, I have no need for all the other stuff...

Beyond that, I have 3 purses, and I only have those because 2 were free... Otherwise I would only have one.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:44 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Four pairs of shoes, steel toe work boots, sneekers, a pair of sandles and a pair of flip flops I got from the Red Cross.
    I still need a pair of dress shoes.
    Two handbags, one black and one brown.
    No hats.
    Two wallets, one of which is used for old ID's and other cards.
    One pair of sunglasses for when I wear my contacts.
    Ten pairs of earrings.
    Eight necklaces.
    No watches.
    Two bracelets, one silver and one gold.
    Four rings, including my wedding ring.
    No belts.
    One head scarf.

If I use it regularly, like once every six months I keep it. Otherwise it gets tossed. If I can't fit it, nor does it look like I'll fit it in the next six months it gets tossed. Just don't ask how many shirts I have. I have far more shirts than I have bottoms. :)
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• purses 3

shoes 13

jewerly rings 10, earrings 20

belts 1

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:26 AM on Sep. 14, 2010