How do you dispose of used tampons?

This is a gross question, but I'm really curious - do you use the flush method or something else?

KathyatDotGirl

Asked by KathyatDotGirl at 8:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

• flush
    Anonymous

• i buy the kind that you can flush, and i flush them.
    Anonymous

• Flush.
    Anonymous

• I roll them up in toilet paper and throw them away. We live in an old house with old pipes, so I never flush, even if they are the ones you can flush. But I'm not easily grossed out either.
    Anonymous

• We use baggies and put them in the garbage. I had a grumpy plumber come twice in a week because of clogged plumbing. It is so common to have it clogged by tampons, they call them "brown mice".
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 9:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have a 108 year old house, and also have plumbing issues so i also have to wrap in T.P. and throw away. And we also have to provide a courtesy flush on number 2's other wise the toilet clogs.
    Anonymous

• I do both... I normally throw the applicator in the trash can after I wrap it up with tp
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 9:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If its your blood, how can you be grossed out either way. I throw mine in the trash, force of habbit I grew up in the country, nothing got flushed other then pee or poop.

Seriously though, if yo ucant touch your own tampon to take it out, dont use them....lol
    I am not grossed out...I proudly wash my hands....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• chuck it!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 16, 2008