toddler beds.

? when did you put your lo's into toddler beds.
well with me my boys was getting there legs stuck in the crib bars. it got to the point where there legs are blue and black. My dh had to break a bar yesterday. My mom went and got them some toddler beds. on the box it say ag 15months to 5 yrs. Well the boys know how to get out but can't get back in. Last night was pretty rough tho.

mama2twins07

Asked by mama2twins07 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought my daughter a toddler bed at the age of one due to the same reasons her legs kept getting caught between the rails, she is pretty skinny and pretty small she moves a lot in her sleep. She did fine and still doing fine. I would make sure the room is safe though and remove toys and anything dangerous from the room first. I used a baby gate with my first it helped relieve stress she might wander off during the night.
    Mooska

Answer by Mooska at 6:18 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My oldest was 15 months when he went into his and my 21 m/o just went into his at 18 months. We really haven't had an issue with either one getting out of their bed. They just naturally stayed in their bed. Good luck to you with your boys!! :)
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:06 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• my son got his toddler bed for his first birthday and has slept in it every night since then. He sleeps so much better in his toddler bed then he ever did in his crib.
    Amanda9366

Answer by Amanda9366 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My oldest was 2 months shy of 2 when I put him in a toddler bed, and my youngest was somewhere right around the same age, maybe a month earlier or later. My problem was that my youngest didn't want to sleep in it. He'd fake sleep when I'd check on him before I went to bed, then get on the floor and sleep there. It took me forever to get him to sleep in the bed, and even then, I just had to put the mattress on the floor and let him sleep on it. I swear, I think he was allergic to the bed. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• lol my mom said my brothers ended up in some werid places when she tired to get them to sleep in there beds.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• There is no reason you can't put the mattress on the floor.
    Or you can put mesh crib bumpers in in the crib to keep all the bits and pieces inside.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My oldest had just turned 2 when she gave up her crib to her younger brother and moved into a toddler bed (that she used until she was 6). My son was 20 months old and moved to a twin mattress on his floor because he started climbing out. My middle daughter was 2 1/2 when we converted the crib into a toddler bed and she used it until she was 4. My youngest daughter never had a crib. She slept in her pack-n-play until she was too big for it at around 23 months. Then she got the same kind of bed her older sisters have. They are called junior beds and we got them at IKEA. They are longer then a toddler bed and a little narrower. She loves her bed.
    The only one I had trouble keeping in their bed was my son.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:45 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• my little one is gonna be a year on november 5th she has a toddler bed in her room which she sleeps in when she takes her naps during the day and she does really well at night i still have to have her near me for some reason so if i do put her in her toddler bed at night i sleep on the floor beside her
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 17, 2008

• My son went into his toddler bed when he was 2 years 4 months and he sleeps great at night in it. The only problem we have is nap time. He won't go to sleep unless he is in his crib so I just keep switching the mattress back and forth. Someday.......!
    hubgrunch

Answer by hubgrunch at 4:34 PM on Oct. 19, 2008