How much does a root canal cost?

I am unfortunately going to need one...blah

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• My ds had 2 when he was in elementary school and they were both around $1000 each. This was with a Pediatric Endodontist, so I don't know if that made it more expensive or not though.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Mine was $750.00.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Mine cost $700 for the procedure. I had to wait until Feb 1st to get a crown because my insurance was maxed out and that was another $450.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:49 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Hugs! Sorry hun..that stinks :( Do you have insurance? Most insurance plans charge a % of the "reasonable & customary" charge (what insurance companies are willing to pay) for any given procedure. My plan covers 80% so I'm responsible for the remaining 20%. I just went to my plan's website & I found a few different charges. It depends on which tooth it is. According to Met Life, if you are in network, a front tooth will cost $433 & out of network is $700-900. For a side tooth, in network is $516 & out of network is $800-1020. For a back tooth, in network is $713 & out of network is $980-1275. I'd say this is just a general guideline because it depends on the plan & where you live (I had to put in my zip code to get this info). You can always call your dentist & ask. Some offer payment plans or you can get financing through someplace like Capital One (a personal loan) to cover the cost. Good luck!
    Lo_and_Behold

Answer by Lo_and_Behold at 10:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My daughter had a bad tooth and this one pediatric dentist wanted to charge $600 for the procedure. It was a lot of money and most insurance doesn't pick up the full cost. It sometimes can save a tooth and sometimes it may only prolong the inevitable which would be to have the tooth pulled.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:52 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• It's going to vary by dentist and whether you have insurance or not.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Depends on where you live in the country - can be as low as $400 and up to $2k.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 12:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• me to...
    CarolineDezon

Answer by CarolineDezon at 8:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• That depends on what needs to be done and what tooth it is. Talk with your Dentist and if you don't have insurance ask for a cash discount price. Also, ask  friends or family on who they would recommend.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2010

• i dont know
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:52 AM on Sep. 17, 2010