what will you do to not let your kids watch some kind of agressif tv show ?

some cartoons and movies are really full of agression scen , and that will influence our kids in somehow, do you agree ?

caramelH

Asked by caramelH at 10:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Children learn by example. That includes examples from parents, siblings,friends, and yes TV. So, yes I monitor what my kids watch on TV violence begets violence.. Example, have 2 little boys watch a karate movie, you better believe when it's over or during commercials they are going to be doing that to each other!

Janet

Answer by Janet at 9:36 AM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My son doesn't watch TV period. He is 8 and is out playing and being active. He doesn't need to spend a second in front of the idiot box. If it wasn't for football we wouldn't even have a TV in our home.
    tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 11:07 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We dont watch tv at our house unless its on dvd, so we the parents decide what my son sees. If we are visiting someone else's home I'm right beside him if the tv is on and have no qualms about turning the channel or asking to turn the channel if I deem it inappropriate. Things like old school Bugs Bunny/ Road Runner type things dont bother me. The newer cartoons with the smart mouthed kids and sexual innuendo are trash and he's not allowed to watch it. Thankfully, he's not into cartoons and would happily watch Bonanza or Little House or something like that.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 12:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• We do not have a television. The only way my children are going to watch a movie or show is if it is on netflix or hulu. And they don't know the passwords. I do think aggression on tv brings out aggressive behavior in children. They mimic what they see.
    Ciela372

Answer by Ciela372 at 10:51 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't let my daughter watch television or movies at all, so it's pretty easy. She won't till she's at least 5.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• No, not all
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:47 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I don't let him watch scary movies, he's a BOY he was already mean and wild before he even seen cartoons.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 10:48 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I agree. The one thing that we are going to do is limit the amount of tv at all. Close to none. Only allow the family to watch shows that are uplifting.
    reniam

Answer by reniam at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I love Parental Blocks through my cable provider.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:50 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• LOL...I only censored porn. Other than that, he was/is free to watch whatever he wants.

I also don't allow him to be influenced by TV, he learns from me. He was taught that TV is not real and is an entertainment. It is used as a teaching tool to show how to act or NOT act.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:53 AM on Sep. 14, 2010