No complaints on Obama's back to school message this year?

Sheesh this was HUGE last year, some of you were so up in arms about this it was ABSURD!!! Not a peep this year, huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Sep. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• ~I don't see an example... Why didn't you just include the "example" in the same answer? It appears by your simple one-liner~you are referring to the people OP is describing (some who were so up in arms about this). I thought you didn't like it when people insult others?

Lame,

THE PSYCHO'S that would read WAY MORE INTO the President addressing school children (the same ones that didnt say SHIT when BUSH did it) THEM PSYCHO'S..if that fits you, so be it...

I provided a SAMPLE PIC of the GLEN BECK RALLY...because THEY are the MORONS that BELIEVE THAT DUMB CRAP...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Sweet a kins is a nice person , a smart person and she doesn't call people names .....others do,though and they think it is okay,as long as they are the ones doing it......know what I mean?
    Who thinks a President's speech at the begining of the school year is "fluff" ??? What a silly and ignorant comment!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

•  It was fabricated, as were so many of the lies that have been spread about Obama.

jsbenkert, if it was so fabricated, why did the Dept of Ed REVISE their lesson plan last year? Why did the administration edit part of the leson plan? Why did nearly every major news station report the EDITING/REVISION? The original lesson plan asked children to “write letters to themselves about what they can do to help the president.” It was later revised/changed to say “Write letters to themselves about how they can achieve their short-term and long-term education goals.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:35 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Uhhh, doesn't the President (regardless of who it is) work for THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? My kid's don't work for him, he works for us.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My kids school learned from last year and I find it HYSTERICA: Lthat so many of you just completely IGNORE the FACT that they CHANGED their original lesson plan and craziness. THAT was my problem. He wants to give a pretty speech.......again.......fine. But dont send my children curriculum from the WH that includes going thought this (narcissistic) man's speeches and writing about your favorite parts! THAT is WRONG and i am SO glad that the MAJORITY was able to stop that idiocy!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Your digging WAY deeper than KIDS would. no one said CHANGE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE...come on,...

~Since the Dept of Ed (1) edited the original lesson/letter and (2) Didn't suggest similar curriculum in 2010~ they realized their error and corrected it. They (Obama admin/Dept of Ed) learned their lesson~So, it's all good.. ;o)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• The Psycho's are losing their steam

Just curious....Who are you judging and calling "the Psychos"?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• I read the speech that President Obama made last year, and I thought it was well written. It does not promote an agenda beyond that of improving our nation by raising our educational standards. Our country has been lagging behind other developed nations in education for quite some time now. It needs to change if we have any hope of hanging on to our "power". I also haven't seen the " Lesson Plan from the Department of Education on what students can do to help Obama" that has been a huge point of propaganda from the right. It was fabricated, as were so many of the lies that have been spread about Obama. It's very sad that schools aren't promoting a positive message like the one from the president.  Love the guy, hate the guy, by stiffling a positive message about  the importance of education is just another way our country shoots itself in the foot.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:21 PM on Sep. 14, 2010

• My kids are in college. I noticed that it was all pretty quiet this year. Of course from whaat happened last year, I'm sure the
    Dems decided they didn't need anymore bad publicity so close to an election. It's a rather benign speech, kinda like all the others he has been making lately.

It wasn't the dems acting stupid over it last year....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:31 AM on Sep. 14, 2010

• Schools a good place to find a captive audience.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 2:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2010